Now certified Silver to UL Environment 102
ASSA ABLOY Trio-E and Declare
Declare is a voluntary self-disclosure program aiming to transform the building materials industry towards healthier and more ecological products through ingredient transparency. Participating in Declare means this product has voluntarily self-disclosed all ingredients in order to promote transparency. ASSA ABLOY Door Group supports this effort and is proud to Declare the Trio-E door.
For more information on Declare, click the label.
For more information on Trio-E, click here >>
"Why Steel" White Paper >>
Presents and analyzes the performance characteristics of hollow metal doors and frames compared to alternate materials such as wood, aluminum or fiberglass.
With energy prices continually increasing and commercial buildings consuming almost 40% of energy usage in North America, SMP remains committed to providing maximum thermal resistant solutions.
The new Trio-E door is steel stiffened for strength, but has achieved an operable U Factor of 0.29 which is 50% better than other steel stiffened doors currently available on the market today. The U-Factor of 0.29 was achieved in an operable condition (ASTM1363) using the SMP Thermal Break Frame and Pemko 273x3AFG Thermal Barrier Saddle.
The Trio-E will provide years of strength and sustainable energy savings for any building. Many building owners spend millions of dollars a year on energy bills and the Trio-E represents a chance for them to realize significant savings on a new or retrofit project.
- Steel stiffened core for added strength and durability
- Hurricane rated up to +/- 100 psf
- No vertical weld marks on door face sheets so aesthetically pleasing gloss paint can be applied
- Many door designs and color options available
- Lowest operable U-Factor in the industry for a steel stiffened door (U Factor .29)
- First swinging door to be certified to the new UL Environment UL ISR 102 standard
Thermal Insulation: U-Factor 0.29, R-Value 3.4 (ASTM C1363), For test data regarding ASTM C518 and ASTM E 283
- 18 gauge face sheets, 16 gage optional
- 16 gauge inverted end channels welded to both face sheets for added strength.
- 14 gauge closer reinforcement
- 4’0” x 8’0” maximum single, 8’0” x 8’0” maximum pair
- Cold rolled or galvanneal steel
- 22 gauge steel stiffeners spaced every 6” apart with injected polyurethane foam
- Mechanically interlocked, hemmed vertical edge seams
- Seamless edges available
- Reinforcing formost lock preps, including concealed hardware
- 7 gauge steel hinge reinforcements
- Electrostatically applied prime base coat
- Physical endurance testing: Meets ANSI A250.4 performance test, level A (1,000,000 cycles) class 1 stiffness
- Fire rating: Up to and including 3 hour 4’0”x 8’0” singles and 8'0" x 8'0" pairs (UL10C) UL & 90 min 4'0" x 8'0" singles WH agencies.